This new version adds features, improves existing features, and fixes a few bugs, most notably issues with European keyboard settings. These are summarized below; as always, we encourage feedback. Please visit the forum at www.orca3d.com/forum, or send an email to email@example.com.
· OrcaInsertChine: A new command was added to allow a user to insert a chine (i.e. slope discontinuity) into a surface along an iso-parameter. The command allows the user to choose the parametric direction, u or v.
· OrcaAssignWeightCost: The command now allows selection of more than one object at a time for assigning weight/cost properties. A “Clear” button was added to the form for assigning weight/cost properties to allow a user to remove weight/cost properties from selected objects.
· OrcaReportWeightAndCost: Added a progress bar during weight/cost report generation since calculations can be time consuming.
· OrcaCreatePlaningHull: The Planing Hull Assistant has been modified so that the resulting hull surface is degree 3 in both parametric directions. It had been degree 2 in one direction.
· OrcaPlaningAnalysis, OrcaHoltropAnalysis: The resistance analysis commands have been modified to allow the user to export the calculation to HydroComp NavCad and SwiftCraft files.
· OrcaWrapCorner: Added a check to see if the selected surface is trimmed. If so the user is notified that the command will remove trimming information and given the option to proceed or quit.
· OrcaHydrostatics: The OrcaHydrostatics command is now scriptable.
· Internationalization: Made numerous changes to facilitate using Orca3D with international keyboard settings. In order to be consistent with Rhino, Orca3D requires all input using “.” as the decimal separator and “,” as the list separator.
· Hydrostatics: Fixed a unit conversion error in output of righting moment in lb-ft units.
· OrcaCreateLinesDrawing: Fixed a bug in display of block and prismatic coefficients when length and volume units are not consistent. Fixed a bug in display of wetted surface area value.
· OrcaReportWeightAndCost: Fixed a bug in which cost item output was sometimes denoted as having been set directly when it was computed from the associated geometry properties.