Version 1.1.0 is now posted on our website. This is a free update for licensed users; if you have evaluated but not purchased Orca3D, your 15 day evaluation period may have expired. Instructions to request an extension are given at the end of this message.
A link to download the update is given below. Please read through the following information before you download.
Licensing: You will need to uninstall your existing version of Orca3D through Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. You will not need to make any changes to your license.
Running in Windows Vista or Windows 7: If this is a new installation on a computer running Windows Vista or Windows 7, after installing Orca3D, you must run Rhino once using the Windows “Run as administrator” option in order to install and start the Orca3D License Service. This is most easily accomplished by right-clicking on the Rhino desktop icon and selecting "Run as administrator." This is only required once; thereafter you may start Rhino in the usual fashion. If you do not perform the steps above, you may receive an Orca3D License Service error. You can then transfer your license from your previous computer (instructions are given in the Orca3D Help file).
Rhino Version: This version requires that you are running Rhino V4, Service Release 6 or later. If you don’t have SR6 or later, please download it here: http://download.rhino3d.com/rhino/4.0/sr/.
What’s New: The update adds new features, improves existing features, and fixes a few bugs. A complete list of the changes is available at http://www.orca3d.com/download/service_release.htm, and just a few of the highlights are summarized below. Short videos demonstrating some of these features are available at http://www.orca3d.com/support/NewRelease_videos.htm.
- Custom loading conditions for hydrostatics and stability calculations
- Full T-Splines compatibility
- Hull Assistant settings may now be saved to a library
- Foil Assistant
- User may now specify the longitudinal, transverse, and vertical coordinate directions
- Improved management of Weight/Cost items
- Simplified settings for mesh density for hydrostatic calculations (default mesh is also finer)
- User-defined list of hydrostatic properties (up to 4) displayed in real-time and Hull Assistant hydrostatics
- Sailboat Hull Assistant now has separate controls for flare and deadrise
- Ship Hull Assistant has been vastly improved, allowing much better control of the shape
- Export of csv file with hydrostatics and stability results; easy to import into CE-Pro
Need an extension of your evaluation period?
1. Install this release of Orca3D as described above.
2. Start Rhino; you will see a message stating that Orca3D does not have a valid license, and asking if you'd like to activate or extend your evaluation. Click Yes.
3. The Orca3D License Manager utility will appear (it may be behind Rhino on your desktop). Select "Phone/Email License".
4. Send the Installation ID to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a note requesting an extension of your evaluation period. We will email the Unlocking Key to you. In the meantime, you may continue to use Rhino.