To help ease the transition to Orca3D, we've been offering a 50% discount on Orca3D to licensed RhinoMarine users. This discount offer will also expire at the end of 2010. If you're considering moving to Orca3D, now is the time to do it.Orca3D, in addition to surpassing the capabilities of RhinoMarine, is actively supported and is being further developed and improved. On-going efforts include stability criteria, a new hull assistant, network licensing, and compatibility with the Rhino 5 WIP (32 and 64-bit). Support is handled on a daily basis, via phone, email, and our forum. Recent comments on our technical support from a survey included:
- "The support that your company principles have offered over the years is second to none."
- "Very professional technical support I received from the staff."
- "The email support has been excellent and I think I got through the learning curve quickly."
If you haven't already done so, we encourage you to download Orca3D and give it a try (you won't need to uninstall RhinoMarine). If you have been through the evaluation process before but would like to extend your evaluation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a download link and instructions for receiving an Unlock Key to extend your evaluation.You must provide proof that you qualify for the transition discount. Valid proof may include any one of the following (if you own a license for RhinoMarine, but for some reason are unable to provide one of the forms of proof above, please contact us to discuss the matter):
- Screen capture of your RhinoMarine license dialog. From the RhinoMarine menu, select License.
- Invoice or receipt from your purchase of RhinoMarine
- Email from your RhinoMarine reseller confirming that they sold RhinoMarine to you
As always, please feel free to contact us with any technical or sales questions: