- Support for floating network licenses
- Support for Rhino 5, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions
- Automated evaluation of intact stability criteria (it's likely that this feature will not be in the final release, but will continue in WIP releases until it is finished)
- Real-time sectional area curves, as the model is being modified, including the ability to input and display a "target" sectional area curve
- New command to align selected points (including surface/curve control points) along a straight line in two or three dimensions
- Tools to insert and delete control net rows and columns, without removing chines (which the Rhino command does)
- A new hull assistant for rigid inflatable boats (RIBs)
- Export of ORC offset files
- Ability to enable/disable individual weight/cost items, which affects the weight/cg used in hydrostatics calculations, and the list of items included in the weight/cost report
- A "pre-float" check to do basic validation of the model prior to running hydrostatics. This catches the most common sources of error (e.g., inconsistent outward normals)
- Ability to create custom report formats, using Microsoft's SQL Server 2008 Report Builder (a free download)
- General improvements to the hull assistants (input controls, user-defined sections, display of the control net, etc.)
- Added option to output the Resistance Analysis (planing or displacement) in csv format
- Support for blocks in Weight & Cost
- Weight & Cost Material Libraries may now be imported and exported in csv format
- Weight & Cost Report may now include grouping (by Rhino groups or by layers)
- Improved OrcaViewports functionality
As a WIP, there may still be feature additions, changes, or removals before the final release, but this is your chance to give us feedback and suggestions. A few important notes to be aware of:
- Only one version of Orca3D may be installed at a time. Therefore, you must uninstall Orca3D from your computer before installing this WIP.
- Any Orca3D information in a Rhino file that is saved with this new version will NOT be backwards compatible to version 1.1.0 or earlier versions. No Rhino information will be lost, but Orca3D information, such as section locations, weight/cost information, etc. will not be found by earlier versions of Orca3D.
- No change to your License is required. The new version of Orca3D will find your existing License.
- Portions of the Help file may not be entirely up to date.
- This WIP will expire on November 30th. Either the final version of Orca3D 1.2 will be released before then, or a new WIP will released.
If you have questions as you install and use the new release, remember that you can:
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- read through the Help file which is available from the Orca3D menu in Rhino, and on our web site here
- post a question on the Orca3D forum
To download the new version:
- click here for the 32-bit version (Rhino 4 SR9 or later, or Rhino 5 (32-bit))
- click here for the 64-bit version (Rhino 5 64-bit)
Thank you very much for using Orca3D, and we look forward to hearing from you!