For our US-based customers: You can order your Rhino 5 licenses from us now:
- Click here to order a commercial upgrade to Rhino 5 from Rhino 4 or Rhino 3 ($345)
- Click here to order a new commercial license of Rhino 5 ($995)
- Click here to order an educational upgrade to Rhino 5 from Rhino 4 or Rhino 3 ($95, proof of student status required)
- Click here to order a new educational license of Rhino 5 ($195, proof of student status required)
Outside of the US, please contact your reseller.
This release contains the evolving Stability Criteria Evaluation functionality, which now includes the "From" criteria limits, redefines the "Between" limit, recognizes hydrostatics-based keywords, handles non-standard model orientations, and handles unit globalization properly. Development continues on the Longitudinal Strength command, and the OrcaAssignWeightCost and OrcaMergeMaterialLibrary commands are now scriptable. The RhinoMarine translator now includes 64-bit support.
A bug in the Lines Drawing command that could sometimes cause a Rhino crash has been fixed. A change has been made to speed up the loading of the Hull Assistant Library.
As a WIP, there will certainly be feature additions, changes, or removals before the final release, but this is your chance to give us feedback and suggestions. A few important notes to be aware of:
- Only one version of Orca3D may be installed at a time. Therefore, you must uninstall Orca3D from your computer before installing this WIP.
- No change to your License is required. The new version of Orca3D will find your existing License.
- Portions of the Help file may not be entirely up to date.
- This WIP will expire on January 7th. Either the final version of Orca3D 1.3 will be released before then, or a new WIP will be released.
If you have questions as you install and use the new release, remember that you can:
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- read through the Help file which is available from the Orca3D menu in Rhino, and on our web site here
- post a question on the Orca3D forum
To download the new version, please visit www.orca3d.com/wip.
Thank you very much for using Orca3D, and we look forward to hearing from you!