Please note that this release no longer supports Rhinoceros version 4. This and future Orca3D WIP releases require Rhinoceros version 5.
- Added a new hull assistant for creating developable surface models. This assistant takes a new approach to the developable surface problem and is based on a composition of conic and cylindrical surface patches that is guaranteed to form a mathematically developable surface model. See the Orca3D Help File for a detailed discussion of the new developable surface functionality.
- Fixed a bug in the Orca tree view which had caused a crash in Rhino 5.
- Fixed some error condition message handling in Orca3D hydrostatics.
- Addressed a units and persistence issue related to overriding the initial plane height for free float hydrostatics in the Orca3D design condition.
- This version of the 1.4 WIP will function only with Rhino 5, and not with Rhino 4. You should have Service Release 7 or later.
- Only one version of Orca3D may be installed at a time. Therefore, you must uninstall Orca3D from your computer before installing this WIP.
- No change to your License is required. The new version of Orca3D will find your existing License.
- Portions of the Help file may not be entirely up to date.
- This WIP will expire on August 5th. Either the final version of Orca3D 1.4 will be released before then, or a new WIP will be released.
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- read through the Help file which is available from the Orca3D menu in Rhino, and on our web site here
- post a question on the Orca3D forum