Please note that this release no longer supports Rhinoceros version 4. This and future Orca3D WIP releases require Rhinoceros version 5.
- A new command, OrcaCrossCurves, has been added to allow the user to compute and report traditional cross curves of stability. See the Orca3D Help File for details on the use of this new command.
- Extended the Orca3D hydrostatics CSV file output to include extended information for the rollover conditions when the option to include full output is selected.
- Made additional Orca3D commands scriptable including OrcaPointsOn, OrcaPointsOfInterest, OrcaCreateWeightCostPoint, OrcaProperties, OrcaInsertNet, OrcaInsertChine, OrcaWrapCorner, OrcaExportMeshes, OrcaCreatePlate.
- Modified the layer name used for the output of the hydrostatics floatation plane to include the condition the plane is associated with.
- Modified the Orca3D
hull assistant form behavior so that the
key does not automatically create the hull geometry to avoid inadvertent hull creation. The user must click OK to create the hull.
- Implemented several Orca3D installation and licensing changes. Updated licensing files and services to the latest versions. Modified network-licensed product installation instructions and some of the network installation files to reduce likelihood of inadvertently running the incorrect installation. Packaged license diagnostic utilities in installation.
- Fixed a bug in the Orca weight/cost manager in which directly editing a value in the manager grid control did not apply the proper units conversion.
- Fixed a bug in OrcaRemoveNet in which the surface normal was sometimes inadvertently flipped.
- Added call to set the “modified flag” of the current Rhino document for certain Orca3D commands.
- Fixed a bug in some Orca commands in which the general Rhino application setting, m_bSplitCreasedSurfaces, was not being properly reset to its original state at the command conclusion; this affected the following commands, OrcaCreateFoil, OrcaCreateRIB, OrcaInsertChine, OrcaInsertNet, OrcaRemoveNet, OrcaCreatePlaningHull, OrcaHullAssistant.
- Improved error handling in OrcaHoltropAnalysis so that certain geometries (e.g., catamarans) in which the transom finding logic could cause a crash are now more robust.
- Addressed a bug in Orca weight/cost reports where CG subtotal could be reported as a NaN instead of zero for zero weight totals.
- Applied several lines drawing bug fixes including an issue in using selected curves in drawing and an issue in which chine lines were not appearing in the drawing.
- Fixed bug in importing a Rhino model containing Orca3D units information into the current model that contains different Orca units.
- Added logic to prevent Orca3D sections that were made invisible through the Rhino layer control from reappearing during interactive Orca3D control point manipulation.
As a WIP, there will certainly be feature additions, changes, or removals before the final release, but this is your chance to give us feedback and suggestions. A few important notes to be aware of:
- This version of the 1.4 WIP will function only with Rhino 5, and not with Rhino 4. You should have Service Release 8 or later.
- Only one version of Orca3D may be installed at a time. Therefore, you must uninstall Orca3D from your computer before installing this WIP.
- No change to your License is required. The new version of Orca3D will find your existing License.
- Portions of the Help file may not be entirely up to date.
- This WIP will expire on September 16th, 2015. Either a new version of Orca3D will be released before then, or a new WIP will be released.
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- read through the Help file which is available from the Orca3D menu in Rhino, and on our web site here
- post a question on the Orca3D forum